19 February 2008

Movie of the Month

Forget Rambo 4 playing at your local cinemas. This movie will leave you breathless with anticipation and in stitches. I'm not a big fan of Richard Gere but this time around I'll have to hand it to him. He really tries to act in this one.

This movie was a relevation to me, to think the amount of resources that NATO, the CIA, the United Nations has is enormous and yet they can't quite seem get things right despite the rigourous and substanstial media coverage on war criminals. This movie will leave you upset with discontentment over the way the world is handling things, it'll make you want to hang up your boy scout / girl scout beret and become a vigilante.

It centers around post Bosnia/Herzegovina war. I know what your thinking. What happened to it? The 9/11 crisis has undoubtedly shrouded everyone's focus and the world is now centered on capturing Osama. This movie certainly shifted my focus on Radovan Karadzic former Bosnian Serb Leader on the run. Despite the US$ 5 mil bounty on his head, he is yet to be captured and tried for his crime.

I'm not going to ruin the plot but the acting and script makes this movie a two thumbs up in my books.

Before I forget, there won't be any post from tomorrow until next Monday :-(

No comments: