22 January 2009

Tech. Thursday

During my period of mental despair yesterday the proverbial light bulb flashed and, a sudden burst of adrenalin filled my thoughts. I love technology and how it is always improving over time. From TV sets to Telephones there's always something new and improved around the block. I have decided to theme my Thursday posts as "Tech Thursday". You can expect posts of anything to do with technology on Thursdays here.

What better way to kick it off than what I've been eying for so long. I'm not a digital camera connoisseur or buff, but I do know that my current digital camera, a 7.1 mega pixel Canon Ixus 700 is facing extinction. Images get blurred when I turn off the flash due to slow read/write speed to the memory card. A tripod is a necessity when it comes to snapping shots without a flash. Color shots with the flash is ok, but not exceptional and at times images taken with a flash appears too dark. I'm thinking I might need a new battery. The existing one is not kicking up enough juice and is about to kick the bucket.

Enter the Nikon D90. It's packed with features that according to Wired.com, "...even a 4 year old can handle it." Which is what I really needed to hear. I don't want to be spending valuable minutes just trying to tweak it to the right settings. It's also a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera. Read PC mags definition of DSLR It comes with a hefty price tag. In the US it retails at $1300. I'm expecting for it to come down middle of this year which is about the time I intend to own it. If you're a blog owner, having a good quality camera is indispensable. Not only do pictures do a lot more talking than words but it adds a lot of flair to your posts. Also, the D90 comes with HD movie mode, so you're able to capture movie clips with sound. I can just picture it now, the D90 hung around my neck poised to my eye level capturing nature's best and, uploading it to this blog for the world to enjoy. For more specifications of the D90 visit Nikon's website here.

No comments: