16 February 2009

Here Squirrel, Squirrel...

Please excuse the sporadic posts since early February. It has been a rough month for yours truly. A series of unfortunate events not related to the movie of the same title has bewitched me. For starters, my entire broadband was down for almost a fortnight (Yes it took them that long to figure out a fix). My ISP couldn't figure out the cause of my failure to connect to the Internet until they sent a team (3 personnel) to diagnose it.

It all boiled down to a nasty squirrel. Yes, a black minuscule bushy tailed fur ball has disabled my ability to communicate via e-mail, read the news, get my daily dose of the latest gossips both politically and socially i.e. the blogosphere and, do some research etc. etc. It ate a chunk out of my telephone wire rendering it inoperable. How this little rodent mistook a telephone cable for a piece of beef jerky is anyone's guess. God don't let this be a conspiracy. Now, the entire telephone line from my house to the main telephone pole on the main road needs to be replaced. The entire length that need be replaced is a solid half kilometer or so.

As a gesture of good faith they (my ISP) have not bothered nor attempted to provide me with any form of compensation, be it monetary or a simple smile for my days of down Internet time. I assume that ridding me of the nasty squirrel i.e. clearing the bushes underneath the telephone line so it couldn't reach the telephone cable was good faith enough. Ok so be it, let's let bygones be bygones and so on and so on. I'm not going to rattle anyone's cage over some furry animal.

If that didn't make it bad news enough for some, my mobile telephone was taken from right under my nose at a local street fair. I took pictures of my family's activities during Valentine's day with the intention to post it here to share. All that lovey dovey feeling of being on cloud nine has been lost to a snatch thief. Now all that is left is my residual memory of that day. How cruel can the world come to. My kids weren't spared the fate, they were ill with a nasty flu bug after just recovering from one about a month ago. It has caused me horrendous hours of mental anguish and monetary loss of an enormous magnitude. I was an emotional wreck after this entire ordeal. Not being able to reach the outside world, tending to sick children, loss of sleep and dimentia. I felt like a 9/11 victim.

You can imagine how difficult it is to stay with the flow when it comes to keeping your posts frequent and current after my spate of luck. I really need to toss some salt over my shoulders for good luck after I'm done with some squirrel hunting. Anyone game?

No comments: